Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tell me the old old story HYMN



Tell me the old, old story,
  Of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory,
  Of Jesus and His love;
Tell me the story simply,
  As to a little child,
For I am weak and weary,
  And helpless and defiled. 

CHORUS :
    Tell me the old, old story,
    Tell me the old, old story,
    Tell me the old, old story,
        Of Jesus and His love. 

Tell me the story slowly,
  That I may take it in--
That wonderful redemption,
  God's remedy for sin;
Tell me the story often,
  For I forget so soon,
The "early dew" of morning
  Has passed away at noon. 

Tell me the story softly,
  With earnest tones and grave;
Remember I'm the sinner
  Whom Jesus came to save;
Tell me the story always,
  If you would really be,
In any time of trouble,
  A comforter to me. 

Tell me the same old story,
  When you have cause to fear
That this world's empty glory
  Is costing me too dear;
And when the Lord's bright glory
  Is dawning on my soul,
Tell me the old, old story:
  "Christ Jesus makes thee whole." 

No comments:

Post a Comment