Thursday, October 18, 2012

psalms 1:1-2


1 Blessed is the one 
   who does not walk in step with the wicked 
or stand in the way that sinners take 
   or sit in the company of mockers, 
2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, 
   and who meditates on his law day and night. 


PSALMS 1:1-2

I remembered this verse which was taught to me during my Discipleship Training few years ago. At first, it's little hard to relate to it until recently, there are few experiences that brings back to these verses.

It's easy sometimes to be embodied with chats, talks, comments that at the end of the day does not bring any benefit to you. In fact, some discourage you, destroys you, waste your time, stumbles you. So ask yourself, why waste your time in continuing to be involved in such talks?

Discernment needed in the area of discussion. Know the motive of it and why.

That's why verse 2 it says it's blessed to delight in Lord's way.

Sometimes we don't understand some things around us because we don't look from God's perspective or failed to grasp His promises. Basically what will He do in such situation. I think if we able to sit back and understand His word for us, I believe we will know that God is in control of everything eventually.

That's why sometimes I try to be wise in not getting into some chats. I said I tried.. haha.. because there were sometimes I happy I didn't get involved and sometimes I upset that I wasted time debating with them..

A lesson that I thought everyone should learn. Careful with your discussion wherever you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment