Friday, November 30, 2012

[song sharing] Take Everything by Seven Days Slumber

Recently was doing lots of reflection about life and this song played on my ipod. Immediately felt God was speaking, immediately felt the lyrics touched my heart.

Thought I should really share this song.

This song is sung by an American Christian rock band called Seven Days Slumber. Yes, they got their name based on Genesis 2:2 where God rested after He created the heaven and earth.


Read more about them on Wikipedia.

What touched my heart about this song is that it really challenge you to look into the mirror and asked yourself about your heart of worship. Is it just a show or really pure hearts' desire??

Hope this song bless you and inspire you to worship and love God.



Another melody
Another empty song
I tell myself that
I have praised you
And try and make believe
This is all you want
But once again
I know I've missed it
Praising you is not just the songs I sing
Jesus here I am
Take everything

[Chorus:]
Take the pain inside
Take the brokenness
Don't stop til there's nothing left
My arrogance
My pride
The loss of innocence
Jesus, take everything

[Repeat Verse 1/Chorus]

[Bridge:]
There's nothing left I need
That's when I feel alive
Holy Spirit fall
Fresh upon me
You can have it all

No comments:

Post a Comment